NerdBurger is a weekly podcast where nerds talk about nerdy stuff. Your hosts combine serious news and discussions of their nerdy proclivities with a very healthy dose of comedy. While things get a little "offensive" at times, it's all in good humor. Leave your "feelings" at the door and enjoy.
Topics vary from episode to episode and can include anything nerdy/geeky in nature. Weird/geeky news items. Computers and other technology. Genre/nerdy TV, movies, and comics. Games (tabletop RPGs, board games, video games, etc.). Science. History. Language. The internet (fun sites, podcasts, etc.) Anything else we might come up with that fits the bill.
Craig grew up in northeastern Wisconsin, went to college in Milwaukee (living and working there for many years), and moved to the Atlanta area in January of 2007.
- Is an architect in real life.
- Was a band geek in high school.
- Was Salutatorian of his high school class.
- Has a Bachelor's Degree in Architectural Studies with a second major in Psychology as well as a Masters of Architecture.
- Has been a horror movie nut since junior high, particularly zombie flicks.
- Gets way too into some TV shows. His current obsession is AMC's "The Walking Dead."
- Played way too much Magic: the Gathering in college.
- Has been playing tabletop RPGs for over twenty years.
- Freelances part-time for Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder.
- Enjoys board and card games. His current favorite is "Last Night on Earth."
- Was a participant in "The World's Largest Trivia Contest" in Stevens Point, Wisconsin for several years.
- Performed at the Bristol Renaissance Faire for six years.
- Listens to a bunch of podcasts. His current favorite is "Hollywood Babble-On. "
- Has far too much useless trivia in his head.
- Is a lifelong Green Bay Packers fan.
Mike grew up in southeastern Wisconsin, which is streets ahead of where Craig grew up. He moved to Atlanta in 1997, and again in 2005. He thinks they may put something in the water there.
- Is also an architect in real life.
- Did not participate in anything in high school...
- Yet still had a better GPA than Craig.
- Has a Bachelor of Architecture, which is like a Masters in anything else, but cheaper (and gets no respect - thanks, Scott!)
- Thinks most horror movies are boring. Surprising and startling the audience is not the same as scaring them.
- Is married to the best HBIC this side of the sun.
- Is a little OCD. Maybe a little more than a little, but not a lot. Somewhere around 1/6 of the way between a little and medium. Maybe closer to 18% of the way.
- Encourages you to try The Bacon Method.
- Recently began (and finished, in 3 weeks) watching Breaking Bad after repeated threats from Craig. Best show on the air.
- Has never read a comic book. Print is dead.
- Is a Mac addict & Windows user. Wishes the Fandroids would just admit they got theirs because it was free. You get what you pay for.
- Ends sentences with prepositions.
- Still listens to all the same indie rock from his twenties. There is no new good music; it's all a bunch of emo crap. Those knobs on your amps turn clockwise, kids.
- Has strayed wildly from mimicking Craig's bullet points.
- Is also a lifelong Packer fan, as well as a shareholder. Owns approximately 1/5,000,000th of the team.